Hal Fulton wrote:

> Glenn M. Lewis wrote:
>
>> I use Info Select, but would love to see a replacement too.
>> One I came across recently is FreeMind
>> (http://freemind.sourceforge.net/).
>> If it were given the incremental search capability, it might be a
>> nice replacement
>> to Info Select.
>

> Glenn,
>
> I've looked at freemind, but not in great detail. My first impression
> is that it is a little complex in terms of UI (and I've heard it's
> slow, though I don't know).

I'm using freemind a lot and I can tell you that it is not slow at all.
In fact it has a very good keyboard interface, you hardly have to use
the mouse at all. What is mising most though are features like arranging
notes visually in other formats than trees and of course having notes
appear in different contexts (which leo users will know as cloning).

> I'll probably go ahead with Tycho anyway, stealing ideas from other
> places as appropriate.

Stealing is a hard word for "finding inspiration" isn't it?

Cheers,
Carsten.

PS: how about moving this conversation to the tycho mailing list?