Nathaniel Talbott <nathaniel / talbott.ws> wrote:

> First of all, that (improperly labeled) error
> is due to the host
> refusing the connection when the client tries
> to connect (see [ruby-talk:80235]).

Yes, I have played a little with DRb before so
I knew about that. It did not mislead me.

> Are you sure that your router is forwarding inbound
> connections on the port you're using to your home
PC?

Here is where I'm dense :-)
No, I am not sure and I don't know how to verify.
Any suggestions?
> You do need to modify the programs - see:
>
> http://drbfire.rubyforge.org/classes/DRbFire.html
>
> Specifically the "Basic Usage" section.

I had read that section before and read it again.
Am I missing the obvious (other than the options
usage)?

Earlier I was doing:

c:\rbtest> ruby client.rb server.ip.adrs.here

and now I am doing:

c:\rbtest> ruby client.rb --host=server.ip.adrs.here

But the result is the same.
Thanks,
-- Shashank