On Feb 26, 2004, at 10:27, Shashank Date wrote:

> After installing DRbfire on my Home PC (Win XP) which is behind a
> router (but no personal firewall) and on my Office PC (Win 2K) which
> is behind the corporate firewall, I started the server.rb from the
> sample directory on my Home. Then at office I started the client.rb
> and I got this error.

First of all, that (improperly labeled) error is due to the host
refusing the connection when the client tries to connect (see
[ruby-talk:80235]). Are you sure that your router is forwarding inbound
connections on the port you're using to your home PC?

> DO I need to modify the two programs to make it work? I have Ruby
> 1.8.1 on both PCs.

You do need to modify the programs - see:

   http://drbfire.rubyforge.org/classes/DRbFire.html

Specifically the "Basic Usage" section.

HTH,

Nathaniel