Simon Strandgaard wrote:

>>>Don't know how to do it.  I have played around with the
>>>display property, but it seems to be rather difficult.
>>>
>>>span.comment {
>>>  display: block;
>>>  /*padding-right: %100;*/
>>>  background-color: rgb(180, 180, 180);
>>>}
>>>
>>>I couldn't solve it. Suggestions is appreciated (need help).
>>>

>>Well you could make it a div instead of a span, guarateeing it would
>>fill the width available.
>>

> I have just tried out what you suggest (making it a div), but
> now comment occupies the whole line.. from left border to right border.
>
> How the output should be
> '=begin$(?m).*?^=end$'     # multiline comment
>
> But with divs the output is like this
> '=begin$(?m).*?^=end$'
> # multiline comment
>
> Am I doing something wrong.. the errornous output is here
> http://neoneye.dk/syntax_error.html
>
> Please suggest code which demonstrates how to do the trick.
>
> --
> Simon Strandgaard

Hmm, I forgot about that problem.  Well there is one thing I can think
of, if you wrap each line in a <div></div> but then shove the commented
part into a span, and the non commented part into another span.  Then
you either set the commented section of the span to %100 width, which I
think shouldn't actually squeeze out the other span, or you do some
stuff with align: left, and float: right, or something like that.  I
don't know I will think on it when I am less tired.

Charlie