Hello H.,

>>   I am interested in exploring the next step (perhaps even determining
>> the nature of or actualizing the final step), of moving more
>> abstractions to code, making the code more intelligent, and easier to
>> develop, as the developer needs to carry less abstraction in his/her
>> own head.

HSL> In the late '80s the technology arrived to do exactly what you want to
HSL> do.  It is called translation-based development.  Tools have existed for
HSL> nearly two decades that will do 100% code generation from an OOA model.

But they are only really useful for interface specification and
documenation.

I've never seen any tool that can translate the dynamic flow good enough to
be useful for code generation. They tried it in the 90s with CASE
tools and there wasn't a real evolution since then. You can see the
theory described in a university course but when it cames to more complicated
real world scenarios using this tools are a good way for a collapsing project.
But they are still (mis?)used in a lot of real world projects.

There is nothing better to describe complex algorithms then text. And
i don't mean Z.

--
Best regards,