> Great, it works now and is looking good at first sight. Unfortunately
> there's a nasty problem when I try this on Windows: it starts up
> alright (I created a shortcut to the instiki.rb with a port as
> argument), then I create and edit some pages, and then I close the
> cmd-window that was opened by the shortcut. Next time I try to start
> up instiki I get the error from madeleine, that it can't reload the
> database (data too short). So I guess the database doesn't survive the
> shutdown.

Hmmm. The point about Madelein (and prevaylence in general) is that you
should be able to survive any sudden crash thanks to the combination of
command log and snapshots. It sounds like Madelein has a problem on
Windows, then (quick to pass the buck, he is :)). I can't replicate
that behavior on my OS X machine. Could you see if it happens even if
you send it a nice ctrl-c request to stop?

> Otherwise I like the approach taken by you and it is lightning fast!
> One suggestion: work with stylesheets in the templates and use them
> not only for presenting a wiki-page but also for the list, changes and
> search results to get an overall look to it.

Right. It's pretty unpolished. I have had it sitting on my desktop for
six months meaning to clean it up. Never got around to it, so I thought
it would be more use in a published, unpolished form than unpublished
and unpolished :).

I'm most welcome to patches, though. It shouldn't be a big task to
apply the styles to the templates. They all reside in app/views/wiki.
--
David Heinemeier Hansson,
http://www.basecamphq.com/   -- Web-based Project Management