"Hal Fulton" <hal9000 / hypermetrics.com> wrote in message
news:40399F36.4020501 / hypermetrics.com...
> > So naturally I am just brimming with suggestions :-)
>
> Thanks for the positive feedback. Is it a lack of time that would
> prevent you from contributing?

Not just time ... but that may change in the future.

> I like the way you think. Perhaps later we can go in this direction,
> but we have to start out relatively simply.

Point taken, tho' I am not sure it will retrofit easily. One reference point
is Leo, a superb open-source Python project that is, in essense, a very easy
outline editor with a DAG underneath it's outline view, and with an
additional layer of 'literate programming' functionality through functions
that traverse the structure and 'weave' a composite output from marked
sub-sections. For many (including me) it makes quite a passable PIM. Imho,
Leo is a *great* tool to look at for some useful ideas for Tycho
development.

And I heartily agree that a plug-in style is the best bet against bloat.