On 24/02/2004, at 2:15 AM, Michael Davis wrote:
> No.  The data that I need to access may not always be relational and I
> have been given specific requirements for using both JDBC and ODBC.  I
> explored many possible options for accessing data with my client and
> they have several very good reasons for these requirements.

If JDBC is an absolute requirement, I'd say be pragmatic, roll up your
sleeves, take a deep breath and use Java. Hack the whole thing in Java
with JDBC, and use Java's JDBC-ODBC bridge for the ODBC. A
multi-language solution would be an interesting exercise, but it would
end up being an order of magnitude more fragile and less maintainable.

It's one of those situations where you have to put aside personal
preference and use the appropriate tool for the job.

Charles Miller

--
Contributing to the heat death of the Universe since 1975
cmiller / pastiche.org           http://fishbowl.pastiche.org