Robert Klemme wrote:

> "Michael Davis" <mdavis / sevasoftware.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:Onq_b.5102$yZ1.243 / newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net...
>
>>I am comfortable with creating a C module that allows Ruby to access other
>
> existing libraries.
>
>>This is the approach I am planning to use for ODBC access.  However, I
>
> don't know if it is even
>
>>possible to create a Ruby extension using C or Java that would allow me
>
> access to JDBC.
>
> You don't need to do that, DBI has this ability already on Windows.
>
>     robert

I trust you are referring to DBI's ability to use ODBC in Windows.  I am aware of this and if my requirement were to only to access data using ODBC on Windows, I would strongly consider using DBI.  However, this does not address my need to access data using JDBC in a unix environment.

Thanks, Michael