Even though it's nice to know about these small differences in both
languages, I think all these examples miss their target. The biggest win
I get when I use Ruby is that it allows me to program at the meta level.
As in Dave Thomas' example, Ruby allows me to do things like this

     class RegionTable < Table
      table "region" do
        field autoinc, :reg_id,        pimary_key
        field int,     :reg_affiliate, references(AffiliateTable)
        field varchar(100), :reg_name

which basically means that I can create my own
DomainSpecificLanguage(http://martinfowler.com/bliki/DomainSpecificLanguage.html)
without leaving Ruby. I don't know much about Python but I don't think
it is that easy to do with it.

/kent