"Michael Davis" <mdavis / sevasoftware.com> wrote in message
news:AKo_b.4954$yZ1.1140 / newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net...

{snip...}

> No.  The data that I need to access may not always be relational and I
have been given specific requirements for using both JDBC and ODBC.  I
explored many possible options for accessing data with my client and they
have several very good reasons for these requirements.

> Thanks, Michael

I'm curious as to your current thinking on this.  Are you considering a
separate Java process to mediate between Ruby requests and JDBC calls?  (Not
suggesting anything; I'm in uncharted waters here.  Just nosy :-)

- dan