il Mon, 23 Feb 2004 07:47:12 -0700, David MacQuigg <dmq / gain.com> ha
scritto::

>I'm putting together a web page comparing Ruby to Python, and I need
>some good examples showing off the advantages of Ruby.  I'm new to
>Ruby, so all I've been able to do so far is pick some examples from
>the Programming Ruby book, and do a Google search on "compare ruby
>python".   What I've found is way out-of-date.

imo, python and ruby offer enough feature to be interchangeable.
I think it's more a matter of taste.

>Take a look at http://userlinux.com/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?RubyPython  This
>is part of the UserLinux project, a new Linux distribution that I hope
>will pick up where Red Hat left off, and be easier to install than
>Debian.  Python is our chosen "primary" scripting language, but there
>are many participants who are also interested in Ruby.

in the end, the quote should be
"Ruby does not have immutable objects like tuples.  Using ! will
modify an object in-place, but you can make any object immutable with
freeze()"

but maybe, you should undeline that ruby has had oo+iterators since
the beginning, while python added them later. This reflects in the
'feeling' of the language, I believe