"Michael Davis" <mdavis / sevasoftware.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:AKo_b.4954$yZ1.1140 / newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net...
> Robert Klemme wrote:
>
> > "Michael Davis" <mdavis / sevasoftware.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > news:YWyZb.1830$yZ1.19 / newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net...
> >
> >>I am building a web application for a client in Ruby.  The application
> >
> > is
> >
> >>working but now needs to access data using JDBC.
> >

> > This sounds strange to me.  Didn't you mean to say "the application
needs
> > to access data in a relational database"?  In that case DBI is your
> > friend.  No need for JDBC here.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> >     robert
> >

> No.  The data that I need to access may not always be relational and I
have been given specific requirements for using both JDBC and ODBC.  I
explored many possible options for accessing data with my client and they
have several very good reasons for these requirements.

> Thanks, Michael

I guess, you'll have a hard time convincing Ruby to use JDBC but I've
successfully drawn data from an ODBC data source with the windows build of
Ruby. (Note: this is not the cygwin build but the MS C++ build)

Regards

    robert