Its Me wrote:
> "Hal Fulton" <hal9000 / hypermetrics.com> wrote in message
> news:4037EDA2.3080501 / hypermetrics.com...
>
>>Hello, all.
>>
>>I hate announcing things that don't really exist yet, but I'm
>>wanting assistance on this. So here goes.
>>
>>The idea for Tycho stems from my intense desire to have a good
>>Linux-based PIM (Personal Information Manager).
>>
>>See http://tycho.rubyforge.org
>

> Wow! ... would love to help but I don't think I'll be able to.
>
> So naturally I am just brimming with suggestions :-)

Thanks for the positive feedback. Is it a lack of time that would
prevent you from contributing?

> Why limit the internal topic hierarchy to a tree? The tree limitation is
> aggravating in PIMs, IE Bookmarks, other hierarchical "Favorites", directory
> structures, and the "tyrranny of the dominant decomposition" cited by
> Aspects and Mdsoc.

[snip]

I like the way you think. Perhaps later we can go in this direction,
but we have to start out relatively simply.

I do think that there could be different tree views, with this one
as the default.

If this were truly the 21st century (where are the flying cars?), I
would want to see an arbitrary graph produced in realtime with
hyperbolic viewing.

For that matter, I've always wanted to design a menu system where the
items were hexagons and the whole honeycomb centered on the mouse
pointer's current location, with the most common selections nearer
the center. But that's just me.

> Mouse-less usability would be nice.

Definitely. I'll add that as a constraint.

> What GUI will you use?

For now, FXRuby. Later perhaps wxRuby or something.

Hal