Ruby Tuesday wrote:
> Hi Osuka, unfortunately I have no say in what browser to use - I'm stuck
> with IE and MS-Windoze.
>
> Reading from the reply, it seems that IE6 has a little bug with header
> text/plain. Have anyone encounter that issues? Try to use text/plain and put
> some reqular text afterward. It works fine with Mozilla but not with IE.
> Thanks

Hi!
Others have pointed out that changing the extension would work, so...

added to apache conf

AddType application/x-httpd-ruby .cgi
Action application/x-httpd-ruby "e:/usr/local/bin/ruby.exe"
AddType application/x-httpd-cgi .cgi

changing extensions to "cgi" or anything windows doesn't know about
should do the trick.

*-*-*-*
Other possibility, is by using an .htaccess(but depends on what a
.htaccess can override and where), based on Tdiary install instructions,
*which uses* *.rb and works flawlesly in IE.

#Added this to Apache conf since windows doesn't really
#want to create files with no "filename"
AccessFileName dot.htaccess

#create a dot.access file in the dir where your're using cgi
#and add the lines:

Options +ExecCGI
#notice that Indexes, You might not want that.
Options ExecCGI Indexes
AddHandler cgi-script .ruby
#and renamed the files to *.ruby, I used a ruby ext. but whatever goes
#as long as windows doesn't knows about it(it can't use .rb, IE does the
dialogs.)

I'm still don't know why Tdiary can use the *.rb files without IE goin'
dialog mmh, btw all the files keep the shebang.

Sorry to take a time replying, but... is(was) weekend.