Ruby Tuesday wrote:

>>The following works for me:
>>
>>#!C:/ruby/bin/ruby.exe
>>print "Content-type: text/html\n\n"   <<<<<
>>print  "1st line "
>>print  "2nd line "
>>print  "3rd line "
>>

>The above works for me as well on both IE6 and Mozilla. But try to change
>the header to the following:
>

>>#!C:/ruby/bin/ruby.exe
>>print "Content-type: text/plain\n\n"     <<<<<<<
>>print  "1st line "
>>print  "2nd line "
>>print  "3rd line "
>>

>Again, both method works with Mozilla. So, I am begining to think that IE is
>mis-behaving! Unfortunately, this is the basic RFC for header.
> Please confirm.
>
>Thanks

Trying it with the following:

#!C:/ruby/bin/ruby.exe
print "Content-type: text/plain\n\n"
print  "1st line "
print  "2nd line "
print  "3rd line "

Mozilla renders the page (as if it encountered a <pre> tag). IE shows a
dialog offering to run the associated application (but warning that it
might not be a good idea to do so). I wouldn't characterize that as
misbehaving since that's what I'd expect it to do, or at least offer to
do; it's just doing a better job of recognizing potential helper
applications than Mozilla is.

Just change the extension to something that's not associated with a
program (like .rbx) and it works the same as Mozilla. I used the name
puzzle.rbx and got the same results in both browsers. Shouldn't be a
problem if you're using the shebang line to run it as a CGI, not via the
extension.

Cheers,
Trey