that has been posted to comp.lang.ruby as well.

f> ts wrote:
>> Try to compile 1.8.1 with --enable-pthread

f> Thanks for the help.  :-)

f> I've tried that and the segfault has "magically" disappeared. But the
f> time overhead for using posix threads instrad of ruby ones seems
f> really huge (my program keeps creating and destroying thread).

 Well, I forward your message to ruby-talk to see if someone has an idea
 why it exit a huge difference between ruby compiled with and without
 --enable-pthread i this case

 Apparently your messages don't go to ruby-talk

--

Guy Decoux