Mark wrote:

>> I think we definitely need a meta-aware ruby interpreter that you can
>> hook some stuff when it's parsing it's own file.  Or even just an
>> interpreter switch that dumps the parse tree in a couple of different
>> formats, if it's too hard to get it at runtime.  This would make it
>> much easier for alot of things.
>>
> This sounds like a Ruby version of Perls B::** modules, which I agree
> would be a very good thing.
>
> Though would it be best to do this by modifying the interpreter, or by
> using one of Ripper, Ruth or Rocket?

I'm not 100% up to speed with Perls B::* modules but my vision for Ruth
was to do (what I think is) the same thing for Ruby: lift the internal
representation to the language level. This is useful no matter which
Ruby parser you eventually go for for a compiler project, IMHO since you
can test your stuff against it.

/Robert