I've developed a small app for a laptop using Webrick.  It serves pages to
a local browser.  It works great when the laptop is connected to the
internet.  But when then laptop is running without an external network
connection it runs very slowly, with long pauses before serving a page. I
am guessing it is trying to do some kind of lookup and is timing out.  Is
there a way to disable that behavior.

The problem is occuring on a Windows 98 box running Ruby 1.8.1 (with the
included Webrick).

Any ideas?

--
-- Jim Weirich     jim / weirichhouse.org    http://onestepback.org