Ruby beginner here.  Heard of it before and on a whim decided to check
it out a couple of days ago and I love it.  I friggin love it.
I'm doing stuff that would take me a while to figure out with other
languages' syntax.  I've never seen a language that looks so "clean."

Anyway, I have some questions I couldn't find in the FAQ

sample code:

x = 2
puts x

Now, is "puts" a class or instance method of Object?  What about "x"?
Is that a class or instance variable of an Object?
When you run a Ruby program, is the program an instance of Object?