"Charles Comstock" <cc1 / cec.wustl.edu> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:c18g6f$maq$2 / newsreader.wustl.edu...
> Charles Comstock wrote:
>
> > Robert wrote:

> >> <snip>

> >> Is that a Ruby thing? That certainly isn't how Perl does it. Perl does
> >> the following:
> >>
> >> print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
> >>
> >> Which I believe is the standard header.
> >

> > I'm pretty sure under the rfs your supposed to do \r\n\r\n, but I think
> > most servers are setup to just look for a single blank line before
> > actual content, and so they generally just look for a \n and thus the
> > \n\n works.  But technically it's supposed to be \r\n\r\n I think.
> >
> > Charles Comstock
>
> Oops dunno what I was typing, I meant RFC, not rfs,
>
> Charles Comstock

Nevertheless you are right.  The RFC requires \r\n sequences as line
termination in an HTTP header.  Never mind what "Perl does", it's better to
just comply to the standard - "Better safe than sorry." :-)

See
http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec4.html#sec4.1

Regards

    robert