Ruby Tuesday wrote:
> Oops ... I'm using them on the browser. Both of those files is in cgi-bin
> directory. I wonder why the text/plain gave me errors.
Thought so ;-)

> I'm using Apache2.0.48/Ruby1.8.1. Thanks
>
> The error(s)
> First, a pop up windows with the message as follow:
>      Some files can harm your computer. If the file information below
>      look suspicious, or you do not fully trust the source, do not open or
>      save this file.
>
>      File name: ex2.rb
>      File type:
>      From:       webserver
>
> Would you like to open the file or save it to your computer?
>
> Open     Save   Cancel   More Info
>
> When I click open, a DOS window flashed quickly then dissapear.

And using IE? or I'm wrong?, that behaviour I couldn't recreate it on
Mozilla(which does the smart thing), IE does the dialog thing, I guess
this is caused because IE is more intimate with windows and looks up the
  file types for the .rb extension, either it saves the file or
downloads it and then executes it(if clicking on open) hence the
flashing dos window.

Maybe using a .rb extension isn't that good('cos IE will look it up in
filetypes).

I've to wonder if you're familiar with eruby, I asked how You were using
it 'cos as normal scripts those run fine and if I paste'em inside a
.rhtml those also worked as expected(even on IE).

Eruby at http://modruby.net/

look up msg id 92598 to see my setup 2.0.47 + 1.8.1
http://www.ruby-talk.org/ruby/ruby-talk/index.shtml