Ruby Tuesday wrote:

> Oops ... I'm using them on the browser. Both of those files is in cgi-bin
> directory. I wonder why the text/plain gave me errors.
>
> I'm using Apache2.0.48/Ruby1.8.1. Thanks
>
> The error(s)
> First, a pop up windows with the message as follow:
>      Some files can harm your computer. If the file information below
>      look suspicious, or you do not fully trust the source, do not open or
>      save this file.
>
>      File name: ex2.rb
>      File type:
>      From:       webserver
>
> Would you like to open the file or save it to your computer?
>
> Open     Save   Cancel   More Info
>
> When I click open, a DOS window flashed quickly then dissapear.
>
> Thanks
>

> "Osuka Adartse" <rocioestradacastaneda / prodigy.net.mx> wrote in message
> news:403698DF.8010307 / prodigy.net.mx...
>
>>Ruby Tuesday wrote:
>>
>>>Hi, I have these 2 files, one work and the other does not.
>>>
>>>#!c:/apps/ruby/bin/ruby.exe
>>>print "Content-type: text/html \n\n\n"
>>>print  "1st line "
>>>print  "2nd line "
>>>print  "3rd line "
>>>
>>>And this is the other one(DOES NOT WORK!)
>>>#!c:/apps/ruby/bin/ruby.exe
>>>print "Content-type: text/plain \n\n\n"
>>>print  "1st line "
>>>print  "2nd line "
>>>print  "3rd line "
>>>
>>>The only difference is that the 2nd file has text/plain in the header
>>>instead of text/html. Please advise. Thanks
>>
>>Well, both work...what error are you getting?, how are you using those?
>>my results:
>>

>>1st line 2nd line 3rd line
>>and:
>>

>>1st line 2nd line 3rd line

Because Apache is interpreting text/html to be HTML and when it sees
text/plain is looks to the OS for help. My guess is that when you run
the text/plain one it tries to download the file yes? That is because
the OS does not have a set MIME type for text/plain.

Or something along those lines...   ; )

HTH