dhtapp wrote:
> "eg" <eg / jnk.jnk> wrote in message news:0UkYb.536824$X%5.322859 / pd7tw2no...

>>What about using OpenGL?
>>

> I've been fiddling with some of the same concerns as Killian.  At this
> point, I'm using Ruby to generate POV source, since I don't know that much
> about OpenGL.  Like Killian, I have no need of real-time rendering.  I guess
> my big concern would be texturing, if one needs it:  ease of using the POV
> community's tremendous library of predefined textures aside, does OpenGL
> offer reasonably broad and easy texturing API?
>
> Thanks!

"easy" is a always a matter of opinion, so I have a hard time answering
that.
I am not an OpenGL expert (as I usually use other API's), but there are
lots of tutorials and examples, which I am sure you could use to quickly
form an opinion for your needs.

For example, see:
http://www.gametutorials.com/Tutorials/OpenGL/OpenGL_Pg2.htm

Or just google on "how to texture opengl" and see lots of hits.