"chad fowler" <chadfowler / yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:20010114132010.136.qmail / web2306.mail.yahoo.com...

> Semantics.  Without the best choice of words, I meant the same that
> you do.  From this point on, I will always say "dynamically" typed.

That would be helpful, especially if you want to promote Ruby.

I hate to be pedantic, in spite of appearances. But as someone who has
fought a mostly up-hill battle for dynamic languages for going on 20 years,
I have found it important to use the correct terms rather than
pejoratives like "weak".

"Dynamic" = good _and_ correct, "weak" = bad _and_ incorrect.

--
Patrick Logan
mailto:patrickdlogan / home.com