Hi,

In message "[ruby-talk:9269] Ruby and overloading, blech!"
    on 01/01/14, "Patrick Logan" <patrickdlogan / home.com> writes:

|> So far as I can see, the only motivation to allow overloading based
|> on types in Ruby would be as a partial substitute for strong typing,
|> to be used at the programmer's discretion.
|
|That's the version I won't move to. Ruby is open source, and I'll just
|hang back at the previous version.

Cool down.  Ruby remains to be Ruby in the future.  Even in the case I
would add the overloading based on argument types, it certainly would
be optional.  And you will know it's far from static typing.

But currently I don't have any plan to merge overloading in the future
for several reasons (syntax, semantics, implementation, etc).

							matz.