On Feb 13, 2004, at 9:16 AM, David King Landrith wrote:

> This works very quickly with sets of files that are in directories
> containing (say) 90K documents or fewer.  But when there are 200k +
> documents in the directories, it begins a substantial amount of time.

Suffice it to say that few file systems are optimized for the case of >
200k files per directory.  From your example, I'm guessing that you're
using Windows which I don't know much about.  But my advice is to
restructure your program to using more, smaller directories.

Seriously, that's a lot of files...

-J