http://phrogz.net/ProgrammingRuby/
is 'done' [1].

What does it offer you versus other, existing online versions of the book?

(*) The framed version keeps synchronized a frame for the Wiki pages
"ProgrammingRubyTwo", which hold various corrections and updated
information for 1.8.1 [2]

(*) Removal of the words "on page xxx" and laboriously replacing them
all with real hyperlinks to the content being referenced.

(*) A really comprehensive table of contents, including splitting the
chapters out into their correct sectioning. [3]

(*) A more pleasing display style, especially for the reference library
(IMHO)

(*) A little widget for breaking the content out of the frameset, and
putting it back in. (In Safari/Mozilla this is in the upper right of the
content pages...in IE it's at the very bottom of the content.)

(*) HTML4 valid markup ;)

(*) 20+ missing pages from the key "The Ruby Language" section.

What doesn't it offer?

(*) New content. Updates are framed next to the old content, but this is
still basically the same source as the various 0.4 versions out there.

(*) The Figures. Again...this is drawn from the same XML source, and the
various Figures referenced throughout the book aren't publicly available
other than in the print copy.

Enjoy, and please let me know if you have stylystic improvements you'd
like to see, or additional features that I can derive from the existing
content.

--
(-, /\ \/ / /\/

[1] I still plan on adding a good index, as well as duplicating the
quick-links to methods at the top of each class.

[2] Please help contribute! If you know of something that's new to 1.8
that's not in the Book, please edit the associated Wiki page so all can
benefit.

[3] For the sake of your speedy browsing and my server, PLEASE set your
browser to the default cache setting (for IEWin, it should be
"Automatically"). Without this, some browsers (IEWin) will hit the
server for EACH image referenced, EVERY time. Over 1,000 hits just to
load the nav, as it foolishly ensures the image is up-to-date each time.