"Rob Bryant" <rb229 / yahoo.com> skrev i en meddelelse
news:7bfd391c.0402091119.39307796 / posting.google.com...

> Well, I think this has the potential to be an interesting thread
> (at least to me). Here's why:
>
> If the skills of the world's programmers were graphed into the
> typical bell curve, I would definitely be found to the left of
> the middle. Not for lack of effort, rather for lack of gray-cell
> power! So maybe I am too dumb to program, but I'd like to try.
>
> With that said, would people recommend Ruby to someone like me?

Experienced programmers and beginners have one thing in common. Neither
wants unnecessary obstacles when it comes to writing a program.

Ruby has this dual nature of being very easy and very complex. Effortless
complexity.

If Ruby were only very simple, it would quickly become difficult to write
complex programs. This is not the case. Ruby grows with your skills and
rarely gets in your way.

Otherwise you grab a tutorial and get started:
http://www.ruby-doc.org/docs/ruby-doc-bundle/Tutorial/index.html
http://hellotree.gotdns.com/LearnToProgram/
http://www.ruby-doc.org/docs/ruby-doc-bundle/

Of course, if you are really dumb and have previous experience with Java
etc. and still want to shell out 800 euro for an introductionary two day
course: http://www.wellho.net/course/rpfull.html

Mikkel