Gavin Kistner wrote:
> As promised in another thread, I am working on a new web version of the
> Pickaxe book ("Programming Ruby - The Pragmatic Programmer's Guide").
>
> Why?
>
> * This is a framed version, which (with JavaScript enabled) keeps the
> book chapters syncrhonized with the Wiki pages noting changes due to 1.8).
>
> * This version is valid HTML4 markup, with consistent semantic markup.
> (I kept the styles similar to the existing HTML versions, albeit
> slightly cleaner...however, a single different CSS file could be used to
> change the look near-completely.) [1]
>
> * Unlike all other versions based on the 0.4 release of the HTML/XML,
> this version has included in it some very important 25 missing pages
> from the section "The Ruby Language"! [2]
>

> So, please check out the work so far [3] at:
> http://phrogz.net/ProgrammingRuby/
> and give me feedback. (It seems to work and look correct in Safari 1.2,
> Mozilla 1.4, and IE6Win. Does it fail for you? Does something about the
> display frustrate you?)

Works well with Moz 1.6, but the left frame seems to load very slowly.

One things buggers me, though: There are no figures in the text as
opposed to the real, printed thing. Just "figure x.yy not available".
This was already the case in the online copy of the pickaxe book for
Ruby 1.6.7. This is annoying because some important details are
contained within the figures, such as the Exception class hierarchy
(figure 8.1), or some pieces of code in the "extending Ruby" chapter.

It would be really nice if the figures could be added to your work.
Thanks in advance.

--
(defun f(p x)(If(Eq x nil)nil(If(p(Car x))(Cons(Car x)(f p(Cdr x)))(f p
(Cdr x)))))(defun q(x)(Q nil x))(defun Q(a x)(If(Eq x nil)a(Q(Cons(Car