Daniel Carrera <dcarrera / math.umd.edu> writes:

> But this is *not* what I am talking about here.  James' work is for
> manipulating SXW files.  I am talking about using the OOo API (UNO) to
> write plugins, filters and and even GUI applications based on OOo.

Not only would this be useful, I'd even be willing to help! I spent
more time futzing around with the OOo java interface to write a doc to
sxw batch converter than I did with the Ruby scripts to convert sxw to
(my preferred form of) HTML, so the Ruby code was 80% of the project,
and Java the *other* 80% (grrr!!). I looked at the UNO stuff at the
time, but it gave me a serious headache; it just seemed unnecessarily
complicated to me, especially given the simple task at the time: load
..doc file, save as .sxw .

I would add batch applications to your list above, only because that's
been my primary focus of OOo automation, unless that's your definition
of 'filter'.

d.k.

--
Daniel Kelley - San Jose, CA
For email, replace the first dot in the domain with an at.