On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 07:55:00AM +0900, gabriele renzi wrote:

> >I've been thinking about the idea of Ruby bindings for OpenOffice.org.
>
> do you mean something related to UNO ?
> I'd love to see that, if my opinion matters :)

Yes, that is exactly what I'm talking about.  UNO.

UNO bindings could be used to add filters and write GUI programs that
could run along-side OOo.  Let's say you think that OOo should have a
calendar, or a dictionary that uses the dict protocol to extract
definitions from the web.  You could do that in Ruby and turn it into an
OOo add-on through the UNO bindings.

I think that's cool.

But ultimately, I'm not just interested on whether it's cool or not, but
also on whether this would bring developers to OOo and/or Ruby.

Cheers,
--
Daniel Carrera | No trees were harmed in the generation of this  e-mail.
PhD student.   | A significant number of electrons were, however, severely