Jamis Buck <jgb3 / email.byu.edu> wrote in message news:<401322F4.1040301 / email.byu.edu>...
> This isn't really Ruby-oriented, but with the many times I've heard
> Haskell mentioned on this list I've decided to make (another) attempt to
> learn it.  I went to SourceForge to see what projects there have been
> implemented in Haskell, and couldn't find a single one--can anyone point
> me to any smallish projects that have been done in Haskell?  I learn
> best by example...

darcs isn't what I'd call "small", but it is a good example of what
you can accomplish in Haskell.

I was in the same position a couple of months ago as you are now.  I
finally broke down and bought a book.  The one I got is "Haskell: The
Craft of Functional Programming", which turned out to be enough to get
started with.  In particular, I was looking for a book that also
addressed functional programming, since I was rusty on that to the
point of ignorance.

What the book didn't help me with, much, is IO.  However, the web was
sufficient to get me over that hurdle.

Good luck!  Haskell is a really nice language.

--- SER