Rove Monteux <rove.monteux / fluid-rock.com> wrote in message news:<40276598.4010809 / fluid-rock.com>...
> sounds like it

Well, I think this has the potential to be an interesting thread
(at least to me). Here's why:

If the skills of the world's programmers were graphed into the
typical bell curve, I would definitely be found to the left of
the middle. Not for lack of effort, rather for lack of gray-cell
power! So maybe I am too dumb to program, but I'd like to try.

With that said, would people recommend Ruby to someone like me?
I read about the "principle of least surprise" (or something to
that effect), and I was intrigued. I have tried Perl, and I am
dismayed at the "explosion at an ASCII factory" effect. I have
tried PHP, and I love it but I'd like something more OOP and more
general purpose both.

I'd be interested in your opinions.

Thanks,

--