Quoting,

 >> Ruby is designed with a different goal I think, and I'm glad it is.
Would you be content if >> every kid in the block used Ruby? Where's
your edge then? :-)

Im not 100% sure that it really is the point. PHP is more of a
'web-devotee' language by principles, what neither Perl nor Ruby are.
Ruby is object oriented, what Perl isnt. So, they are not oriented for
the same public at all.Thus, again, not sure if the 'popularity goal'
argument is valid, if at all ? :)

Cheers

Rove Monteux

--