"Phil Tomson" wrote:
> *** Park Heesob wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >Microsoft is pressuring wxWindows to stop using the word "Windows" in the
> >name.
> >Refer to
> >http://lists.wxwindows.org/cgi-bin/ezmlm-cgi?5:mss:42943:200402:ennjfiogkccphebpmcfc
>
> What about XWindows (which I believe has been around a longer than the
> 'OS' known as 'windows' from Redmond)?

Most GUIs are derivative of early research at Xerox-PARC, aren't they ? -
and the only one of these three that doesn't acknowledge this with an
"x" prefix is MS.  (Windows X-P would have been a nice way of thanking
<"the giants whose shoulders MS stand on"> for their supply of Golden Eggs
but XP, IIUC, doesn't stand for Xerox-PARC).

> >What do you think about this?

I want to issue profanities, but M@z (rightly) discourages such aggressiveness.

Dave