Two things I forgot to add:

(1) I said I'm 'done' with most of the sections; that's not quite true.
As a proud new owner of a physical copy of the book, I will be going
through and finding all the spots where it says "see yyy on page 219"
and adding hyperlinks to the appropriate section/table.

(2) If you work on the Wiki to make changes, it would be great (since
the chapters are so long) if you could add in headers with an ID for the
section you're referring to. I've modified some of the Wiki pages
already, but for example:

If you have a comment about the aliasing section under "The Ruby
Language", put in the Wiki page
http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?ProgrammingRubyTwo/TheRubyLanguage
code like:

<h3 id="aliasing">Aliasing</h3>
....my comment here...

Not only will this help make clear what you're talking about, but the JS
that synchronizes the sections passes the hash for the section to the
Wiki when you click on that section in the TOC:
http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?ProgrammingRubyTwo/TheRubyLanguage#aliasing
which will cause clicks on subsections in the TOC to synchronize the
bottom frame to the appropriate section, if one exists.

(Look at the url in the TOC to see what the id should be.)

--