gabriele renzi wrote:

> il Thu, 5 Feb 2004 10:39:37 +0900, "Josef 'Jupp' SCHUGT" <jupp / gmx.de>
> ha scritto::
>

>>The problem with Python is that Python's syntax looks awful to me
>>and don't like the idea of learn more Python than necessary for
>>assimilation. Is there an online Python tutorial that just describes
>>the skeleton and what which function is good for?
>

> look at the kanguage reference:
> http://python.org/doc/current/ref/ref.html
> that should explain you the basic syntax.
>
> About functions: just open python as interactive shell and use
> help()like this

> Help on class str in module __builtin__:
>
> class str(basestring)
>  |  str(object) -> string
>  |  Return a nice string representation of the object.
>  |  If the argument is a string, the return value is the same object.
>
> or

> Help on built-in function sort:
>
> sort(...)
>     L.sort(cmpfunc=None) -- stable sort *IN PLACE*; cmpfunc(x, y) ->
> -1, 0, 1
>

> (btw, why the hell list.sort() in python returns 'None' ?)

Now that we have alot of the standard docs in ri format available in
general do we have any integration between ri and irb?  That would be
nice to be able to easily call them from within irb.  I mean I suppose
you could just call `ri Array` or whatever, but nonetheless it seems
some integration is possible.

Charles Comstock