Simon Strandgaard wrote:
> On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 02:12:43 +0900, Alwin Blok wrote:
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>What would be the best choice for 2d vector graphics with ruby?
>>My needs are as follows:
>>2D vector (SVG/ pdf/ postscript like), Animation, Offscreen rendering.
>

> I can recommend RMagic.
> http://rmagick.rubyforge.org/
>
> Don't know about animation though.
>

> You may see what I have made using RMagick, here:
> http://aeditor.rubyforge.org/softwrap.html
>
> --
> Simon Strandgaard

I have used RMagic in the past, but it doesn't quite seem suited to per
pixel editing.  I was trying to do an AI project of RedEye detection for
  a class, and I did succeed to use it but I had to add a couple methods
to more easily edit individual pixels.  It just didn't seem to be really
set up to do per pixel calculations or modifications very nicely.  I was
   curious if anyone else has suggestions on what would be most
appropriate for that?

Charles Comstock