On Sunday 08 February 2004 10:40, daz wrote:
> It seems that Johannes' idea is to include sgml-parser with the
> updated htmltools library.
> [snip]

Thanks - I got there in the end anyway by manually installing all the files I
had downloaded and tweaking them as necessary.

Just to append a note to the mini thread that started on packaging as a result
of this...  while a packaging system with all the works would be great, It
seems to me what is really needed soonest is a definitive place where we can
take downloads from.  I got the versions of code that I am using from RAA...

Where I came unstuck is that there appear to be two different(?) versions of
ruby-htmltools.  One by Ned Konz that is linked to from RAA, and one by
Johannes Brodwall that is on rubyforge.  I don't know the history of these -
it may well be that they are the same product that has changed ownership etc,
but it does cause confusion (at least in my case :-) when two people download
the same thing from two different places.  There is no common frame of
reference, we think that we are talking about the same code but we may not
be.

Cheers,
Martin

--