Phil Tomson wrote:
> In article <c04apu$h42$1 / news1.kornet.net>,
> Park Heesob <phasis68 / kornet.net> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>Microsoft is pressuring wxWindows to stop using the word "Windows" in the
>>name.
>>Refer to
>>http://lists.wxwindows.org/cgi-bin/ezmlm-cgi?5:mss:42943:200402:ennjfiogkccphebpmcfc
>

> What about XWindows (which I believe has been around a longer than the
> 'OS' known as 'windows' from Redmond)?

That's only a slang term. The actual name is the X Window System. That
is to say, it's a "window system" named "X" -- not a "system" named
"X Windows".

>>What do you think about this?
>
> It's silly.  'windows' is a generic term.  At some point about 10 years
> ago I think that a court ruled that it's a generidc term, but then later
> on another court ruled that it wasn't... who knows where it stands now.
>
>>BTW, Intel is pressuring a company site DCINSIDE.COM to stop using the word
>>"inside" in Korea. :)
>>

> More silliness.
>
> Welcome to the American legal system.

Agreed, it's silliness.

My personal favorite was the suit by Microsoft against the church
which had the billboard reading: "Where do you want to go tomorrow?"

:)

Hal