In article <c04apu$h42$1 / news1.kornet.net>,
Park Heesob <phasis68 / kornet.net> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Microsoft is pressuring wxWindows to stop using the word "Windows" in the
>name.
>Refer to
>http://lists.wxwindows.org/cgi-bin/ezmlm-cgi?5:mss:42943:200402:ennjfiogkccphebpmcfc

What about XWindows (which I believe has been around a longer than the
'OS' known as 'windows' from Redmond)?

>What do you think about this?

It's silly.  'windows' is a generic term.  At some point about 10 years
ago I think that a court ruled that it's a generidc term, but then later
on another court ruled that it wasn't... who knows where it stands now.

>BTW, Intel is pressuring a company site DCINSIDE.COM to stop using the word
>"inside" in Korea. :)

More silliness.

Welcome to the American legal system.

Phil