On Friday 06 February 2004 12:40, Martin Hart wrote:
> On Thursday 05 February 2004 21:02, Gavin Sinclair wrote:
> > On Friday, February 6, 2004, 5:39:15 AM, Dave wrote:
> > > see http://ruby-htmltools.rubyforge.org/
> > >
> > > I used this library about a year ago, and found it pretty buggy.
> >
> > For the OP: you can use the above library to convert HTML into a
> > REXML::Document, then pull it apart as you please.
> >
> > Gavin

OK feel free to call me an idiot here, but what versions of html-parser and
htmltools are you running?

I downloaded both the html-parser and the patched-html-parser from RAA which
installed themselves into site_ruby/ (not where i'd expect them -
site_ruby/1.8/...).  I did this because htmltools appears to depend on one of
them - although not mentioned in the README (version 1.06)

Then I downloaded htmltools from rubyforge which first fails to install
because the sgml-parser.rb file is not in "html/sgml-parser" which is where
it is supposed(?) to be.

Anyway, after moving files to where I presume they should be installed to, the
htmltools library fails to install because the tests do not run (all 15 unit
tests fail with "NameError: uninitialized constant
HTML::TestStackingParser").

My environment is ruby 1.8.1 linux.

My next step is to just install the files by hand and then try again - but I
would be interested to hear if anybody else has experienced similar
installation problems - or if I am just missing something obvious?

Cheers,
Martin