Is there any where to prevent the truncation of messages produced during
error handling.  Consider the following:

irb> Dir.chdir "/nfs/mantaray/home/user1/raja/Research/Raja/Results-gls-scale+splib/matrix.medium/Scale/0"

Errno::ENOENT: No such file or directory - "/nfs/mantaray/home/user1/raja/Research/Raja/Results-gls-scale+splib/matrix...."

The actual dir I cd into is not specified as a literal as above but is built
inside the program.  The problem is that the error message gets truncated
and I'm not able to immediately determine pertinent information.  It
looks like the error messages are being printed by #p

I suppose such long error messages are rare.
But is there any way to alter this default behavior and have the full error
message printed?

Raja