Hi all,

Mauricio, thanks for you answer!

Mauricio Fern?ndez wrote:
> ruby only). What I did was installing mingw, building Ruby with it (just

Did that too. Up to running "make install" in the ruby directory
everything went fine.
Anyway, I apparently made a mistake (I think) since I have to set some
include paths explicitly, since otherwise neither 'mkmf' nor 'rbconfig'
are found. Any ideas? Is there anything special to running 'make
install' on MinGW that I missed?

> to get a valid rbconfig.rb), and then *using the new ruby binary* run
>   ruby extconf.rb
>   make

I assume you're running these inside the ruby-serialport directory.
Doing this I get:

$ <path_to_ruby>/ruby.exe -I <path_to_ruby>/lib -I <path_to_ruby>
extconf.rb
checking for OS... mingw
checking for termios.h... no

After that running 'make' doesn't make much sense I think.
Where could/should I get 'termios.h' from? Why is it not found?
BTW, 'termios.h' in fact is not on the PC (and the only file referencing
it is serialport's 'extconf.rb').

Any tips are greatly appreciated.

Happy rubying

Stephan