---- Original Message ----
> On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 00:45:07 +0900, Robert Klemme wrote:
>> Do we need this?

> No. It's ugly and (IMO) not needed. Any program which seems to need it is in
> need of a redesign. The specific case can be handled as you suggested it, or

Robert's code looks good, but a bit over-engineering to me.

> better yet with a lookup table. This sort of problem is handled easily by
> intelligent data-driven design.

Don't mix system design with language capabilities please. I think it's not
a bad thing to let "case" to take more than one expressions. Just like a
function can take any number of arguments. Why does "case" have to be
limited to zero or one? Because all our languages are designed this way?
(AFAIK only Ruby "case" can take 0 expressions. That's some good stuff
introduced by Ruby, right? So why not go one step further?) Or because it's
impossible?

> There is no need for a new or modified language construct here.

Since 2.0 is a major update to 1.x, why can't we introduce new language
constructs if they really makes sense?

Cao