On Feb 3, 2004, at 17:25, shasckaw wrote:

> I've read it but I must tell I haven't understood it was just a matter
> of column alignement. I use wscite for editing ruby and it doesn't
> align columns excepted for tabulations. It makes the use of rdoc
> nested list a little bit uneasy. If rdoc could also allow nested lists
> with the use of tabulations in addition to the column alignement way,
> it would certainly help me, and all the ones like me. What do you
> think about that proposition?

I understand your pain, but the guiding principle behind RDoc is that
the raw source should be universally readable. If tabs are used, and
tab stops aren't aligned at 8-character intervals, then that's no
longer the case.

If someone would like to come up with a patch that added support for
tabs as an option, I'd look at integrating it.

Cheers

Dave