--- Kirk Haines <khaines / enigo.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, paul vudmaska wrote:
>
> > It would seem advantagous for all  to collectively
> > consider/define/provide use cases for, what IS a
> web
> > application platform - and not necessarily how it
> is
> > implemented - a path to WAP driven by consensus.
> In my
>
> For my purposes, I have a really simple definition.
> A Web Application
> Framework is a skeleton that takes care of all of
> the yucky bits about

Sounds good to me...like user/content/workflow
management? A good 'seperation of duties'. Programmer,
Admin,Editor etc

> creating dynamic content -- whether it be a single
> page or a massive
> application -- so that I can concentrate on just
> handling the important
> things.

Like content or whatever particular task your up to.
No need to worry about the rest.

> And important things boils down to code that handles
> the actual
> functionality of the page/app and a layout for what
> is being returned to
> the user, prefereably seperated from the code so
> that the two can be
> handled independently.

Amrita? kind of cook but i've tended to avoid template
systems. ruby scripting is (so easy/intuitive) maybe
just a little more sophisticated than a mark-up
language so why learn another? Maybe ERuby and just
sandbox a script/template?