Lothar Scholz wrote:
> Hello gabriele,
>
> Tuesday, February 3, 2004, 6:05:03 PM, you wrote:
>
> gr> il Wed, 4 Feb 2004 01:51:07 +0900, Yura Kloubakov <yura / opmr.com> ha
> gr> scritto::
>

>>>I like this (http://www.ruby-ide.com/ruby_cgi.php#debug):
>>>
>>>"With our advanced debugging capabilities you can increase your
>>>development time rapidly."
>>>

> gr> that's not somthing to joke, sadly.
>
> gr> current debug.rb slows ruby hugely,
>
> Right it's really bad to get it running on huge programs.
> And the same is true for the profiler which can be useless with all the
> overhead added.

It looks like you guys did not get the joke. Yura was pointing out to an
apparent typo: "With our advanced debugging capabilities you can
INCREASE your development time rapidly.". Shouldn't DECREASE be use
here? After all it is talking not of Ruby debugger, rather the Arachno
"advanced" one.

> I'm sorry for the tone of some of the postings. But the current
> state of the Ruby evolution was one of the reason why Ruby was moving
> to the end of our priority list. Only two weeks ago we ago we had
> made the decision that Python and PHP is the way to go at the moment.
> This is the reason why i get a little bit frustrated at the moment and
> post things like "Python 25 times as popular".

Gennady.