Simon Strandgaard wrote:
> On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 16:18:50 -0600, Charles Comstock wrote:
>

>>Simon Strandgaard wrote:

>>>I can recommend RMagic.
>>>http://rmagick.rubyforge.org/
>>>
>>>Don't know about animation though.
>>>

>>>You may see what I have made using RMagick, here:
>>>http://aeditor.rubyforge.org/softwrap.html
>>>
>>>--
>>>Simon Strandgaard
>>
>>I have used RMagic in the past, but it doesn't quite seem suited to per
>>pixel editing.  I was trying to do an AI project of RedEye detection for
>>  a class, and I did succeed to use it but I had to add a couple methods
>>to more easily edit individual pixels.  It just didn't seem to be really
>>set up to do per pixel calculations or modifications very nicely.  I was
>>   curious if anyone else has suggestions on what would be most
>>appropriate for that?
>

> It's possible with RMagick.. get/set pixel methods  :-)
> http://www.simplesystems.org/RMagick/doc/image.html#Image.get_pixels
>

> --
> Simon Strandgaard

Right I have used that function it's just very cumbersome, it would be
much easier to directly edit the values in the real array they are in.
Exporting a pixel array is really not a very efficient operation, not to
mention the need to reimport them later.  Not to mention the fact it
returns a flat array which while it's easy to write an accessor that
2d's it, it still is not particularly friendly towards doing image analysis.

Charlie